Technically, he is the not same age as mine but his unique personality gave me a huge idea of being a “fan”.
I remember singing Gaya Ng Dati loud and clear during our field trip in elementary. I was singing while the whole classmates of mine was sleeping. Then the driver said “idol mo pala si Gary V” then I replied, “sino po kuya” because I really dont know him that time.
Then at school, I asked a friend who is Gary V then she laughed at me because I dont even know that he is famous. So I watched TV then I saw him in one old show, singing his song. But his sense of fashion having a high waist tuck in style gave me the idea of this man being a good example.
I was just only high school then. Then, an old friend of mine, my classmate shared to me his music. That friend is a christian so he shared some songs like Shout for Joy.
At first, it was like, okay, his music is good. It has no impact to me even if I am Christian already, (I accepted Jesus and became Christian since June 4, 1995.) Until one day, alone and listening over 702 DZAS, exactly 4 days before my birthday, that was June 4, 1998, felt so bad and depressed because of some problems. I listened to radio and the announcer named Ptr. Eric C. Maliwat over his program Four to Six, played this song “Take Me Out In The Dark”.
That day, for whatever reason, that song changed my entire life. How? I saw myself in the lyrics and I was crying the whole time I listened to that song. Then, I realized I need to go back to church. The emptiness I have, the feeling of being in the dark and nowhere to go, exactly how I felt during that time.
Since then, I began reading my Bible and started to grow as Christian. I felt like I just accepted Christ the second time around. So blessed with that song. Then I still dont know who is the singer, so, I called the radio station and asked, to my surprise, he is the same man who sang the song I also sang in the bus.
Gary Valenciano, the man who captured my ears many years ago and until now. God is good because He knows that I love music so He used the music of His child to show how good He is and He is with me always.
To date, Gary V remains one of my ultimate inspirations in life. He is in faith everytime he performs and always giving the best shot despite his condition having the sickness that really made him strong.
His music remains my encourager everytime I am tired at work or feeling down. I love all his songs. And to name a few songs that made a huge impact in my life, here’s my random top 5:
1. Take Me Out In The Dark-it really captured my heart, my renewal of faith in God is because of this song. God used this song for me to realized that living in the dark is not His ultimate plan for me. This song made me realized that I need Jesus and not other things to feel the love and goodness.
2. Gaya Ng Dati-this song is my song everytime I became not good steward and child of God. It is really a song that suits my life before. A lukewarm Christian because I was wandering what the world can offer.
3. Sa Yahweh (Ang Sayaw)-a song composed of my favorite composer too, the one who also made me realized how I need God, it is kuya Jungee Marcelo’s song that made worshipping and praising God became my hobby everyday. This song is always on my list.
3. Letting Go-a song that reminds me that God is not closing doors to those who seek Him, all we must do is to let go of our old lives and go with God.
4. Baby of Mine-a song that Gary V dedicated for his children during his concerts but actually it is also a song that reminds me that in the absence of my biological father who already passed away, I will always have a father in heaven that I am His most precious child and princess.
5. Wait Forever-a song for my future husband. It inspires me the lyrics. To wait and forever say how I love him even though I haven’t met him and our path haven’t cross yet.
Well, obviously, all these songs are songs from the pure energy himself who is celebrating his birthday today, August 6.
My only prayer is for God to heal him, bless him, and continue to keep him safe always. That he will remain inspiring people and shared his faith.
Thank you for indirectly mentoring my Christian life and inspiring me always. I hope one day, I will have the time to personally tell you how blessed I am to know a person like you. Thanks for your music and faith.
Thank you and happy birthday. 🎁🎁🎁🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🍰🎂🎂🍰🍰❤️❤️❤️✅🎼🎶🎵
“Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.”
3 John 1:2 ESV